Monday, August 5, 2013

UPDATE- WEEK 2

Okay, it's time to report on how my week went!


For the most part exercising went really well last week. I managed to do 5 of my 6 scheduled workouts. Some of these didn't get done until about 11:30 pm, though! That's just the way things go sometimes with an 8 month old who will only take naps when she's being held and doesn't go to bed until 10 pm (on a good day).

Here's what I had planned to do:
Monday: Jogging
Tuesday: Legs + back workout
Wednesday: Jogging
Thursday: Chest + back workout
Friday: Jogging
Saturday: Shoulders + arms workout

Here's what I actually did:
Monday: Jogging - I went to the park and walked/ran 2 miles. There was a lot more walking than jogging though...
Tuesday: Legs + back workout- I did the p90x legs + back workout. I didn't actually watch the p90x video though, I just did the exercises that they do on it. I can't stand watching workout videos over and over again. Tony Horton's jokes just aren't funny the tenth time you watch the video... or the first time.
Wednesday: I was supposed to jog but that didn't happen. We went Sea-Dooing and tubing instead. My chest was sore the next day so I did get a workout of some kind at least
Thursday: Jogging- since I got a chest workout the day before, I skipped the p90x chest + back workout and jogged instead. I decided to start following a couch-to-5K schedule. I walked for 5 minutes and then alternated 60 sec of running with 90 sec of walking for 15 minutes.
Friday: Shoulders + arms workout- I did the p90x shoulders + arms workout (without the video)
Saturday: Jogging- same workout as on Thursday



Now onto the food. I had some really good days and one really bad day a.k.a date night.  It's pretty rare for John and I to go on a date (we've only had three dates in the past 8 months ) so I always like to make the most of it when we do go out. This usually means that I go waaaaay over my calories for the day.


Keep in mind that my goal for calories is 1800-2000. On the days where I don't exercise, I want closer to 1800. On the days I do exercise, I can have closer to 2000.

Monday: 1996
Tuesday: 1598
Wednesday: 1950
Thursday: 1542
Friday: 1802
Saturday: 2485. Can you tell that this was date night?
Sunday: 1858

Umm I have no idea what happened on Tuesday and Thursday! I usually take advantage of all the calories I have but apparently I just went a little crazy and decided that I didn't like food or something...



Now to see how all of this work paid off...

Here were my stats from last week:
Weight: 125 lb
Hip measurement: 36.5"
Waist measurement: 26.5"

Here are my stats from today:
Weight: 123.5 lb
Hip measurement: 36.25"
Waist measurement: 26"

I'm glad to see that my date night splurging didn't ruin all my hard work! I'm definitely feeling motivated to keep on track this week!

No comments :

Post a Comment